There is almost nothing I love as much as frozen margaritas, and these frozen mango margaritas are sweet and spicy perfection in a glass!
With my 3-ingredient jalapeño simple syrup, zesty lime juice, and mango – this drink screams summertime sips!
The jalapeños add a wonderful, front-of-mouth heat that tickles your lips and keeps you coming back for more.
Spicing Up These Frozen Mango Margaritas
I love adding jalapeño simple syrup to this recipe to give it a little kick!! It perfectly balances the sweetness of the mango and really brings the flavors of this drink together.
This is optional though, and you can omit the simple syrup all together if you want a less sweet frozen mango margarita.
You can also use regular simple syrup in place of the jalapeño simple syrup if you want your frozen mango margaritas to not be spicy.
How To Make These Frozen Mango Margaritas
These frozen mango margaritas come together in a flash thanks to the help of a blender.
Make the lime sugar to rim the glass first, before juicing the limes. Pour 1/4 cup of granulated sugar onto a wide plate and zest two limes. Rub the sugar and zest together with your fingertips to help release the oil from the zest.
Rub the rim of each glass with a lime wedge and then roll the outer edge of the glass in the lime sugar. Set aside
Next, cut and juice 4 limes into the base of a blender.
To the blender add orange juice, frozen mango, tequila, and jalapeño simple syrup. Blend it up until the mixture is creamy and combined!
Pour the frozen margaritas into the prepared glasses. Garnish each glass then enjoy!
What Glass Should I Use for These Frozen Mango Margs?
Glasses are to cocktails as buttercream is to cake- it’s all about finding the right match!
For this frozen mango margarita recipe, I’m using a margarita glass.
I’ve served margaritas in lots of different glasses but in my mind, a frozen margarita needs to be served in a classic margarita glass!
Margarita glasses are actually based on a classic coupe glass but now we associate them with my favorite blended fruity drinks!
How Should I Garnish This Drink?
I like to garnish this frozen mango margarita with a slice of lime, some mango cubes and a bit of mint to help keep it nice and cool!
Feel free to get wild with your garnishes and make it as fun as you want!
Frozen Mango Margaritas – Ingredients & Substitutions
- Lime Juice – I prefer to use fresh limes but you can also use bottled juice, you’ll need 4 oz.
- Orange Juice – If you can’t find fresh orange juice, try to find a brand that is 100% juice. You can also use pineapple juice in its place.
- Frozen Mango – For this recipe, I chose to use frozen mango so that I don’t have to water down my drink with ice and it gets nice and creamy! If you need to use fresh mango, add 2 cups of ice to your blender to give it the right consistency.
- Tequila – You can use whatever brand of Tequila you like! For a smokier flavor you can substitute for mezcal.
- Jalapeño Simple Syrup – Use regular simple syrup if you don’t your frozen mango margaritas to have a kick, or omit the simple syrup all together to make less sweet frozen mango margaritas.
- Granulated Sugar – To make this drink extra decadent I used lime sugar for the rim but feel free to use salt!
How to Store Leftover Jalapeño Simple Syrup
If you choose to make the jalapeño simple syrup and have leftover syrup or make it ahead of time, it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a month. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months!
I usually keep mine in a mason jar but any container with a good lid should work just fine.
Let Me Know What You Think
If you try this frozen mango margarita recipe, let me know what you think by sharing a rating below!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Jalapeno Simple Syrup
- 3 jalapeños
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Frozen Mango Margaritas
- 4 limes
- 1 cup orange or pineapple juice
- 2 cups (16 oz. bag) cubed frozen mango
- 3/4 cup or 6 oz. tequila
- 3 oz. jalapeño simple syrup - optional
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Jalapeño Simple Syrup - Optional
- If you want your frozen mango margaritas to have a little bit of a kick, make some jalapeño simple syrup! Prepare your jalapeños first. Remove the stems and cut them into slices.
- Add the water into a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until the water begins to boil.
- Add in the granulated sugar and stir continuously until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add in the sliced jalapeños turn the heat down to low and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a separate container and cool to room temperature. Pour the mixture through a sieve to remove the jalapeños if you want a milder simple syrup, or leave them in if you're looking for a lot of kick. Pour into mason jars or squirt bottles for easy storage and use.
Frozen Mango Margaritas
- Make the lime sugar to rim the glass first, before juicing the limes. Pour 1/4 cup of sugar onto a wide plate and zest two limes. Rub the sugar and zest together with your fingertips to help release the oil from the zest.
- Rub the rim of each glass with a lime wedge and then roll the outer edge of the glass in the lime sugar.
- Cut and juice 4 limes into the base of a blender.
- To the blender add 1 cup of orange juice, 2 cups of frozen mango, 3/4 cup of tequila, and 3 oz. jalapeño simple syrup (if desired). Blend until creamy and combined.
- Pour the frozen margaritas into the prepared glasses. Have some fun with your garnish- use a lime, jalapeño, and/or mango!
This recipe for frozen mango margaritas makes 4 cocktails. If you want to make a fewer servings this recipe can be halved or quartered. If you want to make more servings, the recipe can also be doubled.
Spicy Frozen Mango Margaritas - Ingredients & Substitutions
- Limes - I prefer to use fresh limes but you can also use bottled juice, you’ll need 4 oz.
Orange Juice - If you can't find fresh juice try to find a brand that is 100% juice. You can also use pineapple juice!
- Mango - I prefer to use frozen fruit so that the texture of the drink is creamy and rich. If you need to use fresh mango, add 2 cups of ice to your blender to give it the right consistency.
- Tequila - You can use whatever brand of Tequila you like! For a smokier flavor, you can substitute for mezcal.
- Jalapeño Simple Syrup - Use regular simple syrup if you don't your frozen mango margaritas to have a kick, or omit the simple syrup all together to make less sweet frozen mango margaritas.
- Granulated Sugar - For this drink, I decided to do a sweet and sour rim with lime sugar but feel free to do a classic salt rim!
Amount Per Serving Calories 271Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 5mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 6gSugar 34gProtein 2g