As I’ve settled into working from home, I’ve found myself not drinking enough water. I like water, but sometimes it just seems a bit boring. That’s where this cucumber lemon water comes in!
It’s so refreshing and makes me actually excited to drink water. It’s a healthy treat that feels like a pick-me-up everytime I pour myself a glass.
Lemon Cucumber Water – Substitutions and Swaps
While I love this cucumber water recipe just the way it is, I know some of you might not have all of these ingredients on hand!
Below are some swaps and substitutions that can be made in this recipe:
- Cucumber – The cucumber is really the star of this show! Sadly there are no substitutes for it in this water!
- Lemon – You can use an extra lime if you don’t have a lemon on hand.
- Lime– You can use an extra lemon if you don’t have a lemon on hand.
- Mint – The mint makes this water taste super fresh and bright, but if you don’t have any on hand or if you dislike mint you can omit it from this recipe.
Tips for Making the Best Cucumber Lemon Water
- Use a large glass pitcher that has a capacity of 2 liters.
- Lightly muddle the fruit and veggies before pouring in your water to help release their juices.
- Chill your glasses in the freezer to make your cucumber lemon water even more refreshing.
- Garnish you glasses with a citrus slice and an extra sprig of mint to give them a gorgeous finished look.
- Feel free to add in a bit of freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice to amp up the flavor even more.
Let Me Know What You Think!
If you try this recipe for cucumber lemon water, I’d love to hear what think of it! Please leave a rating, and let me know your thoughts by sharing a comment.
Also please tag me @chelsweets, and use the #chelsweets so that I can see your amazing creations on social media!
Other Posts You Might Like:
Cucumber Lemon Water
This cucumber lemon water recipe is super refreshing and only takes 5 minutes to make. It an easy and delicious way to flavor your water!
Cucumber Lemon Water
- 2 liters of water (1000 grams)
- 1 large sliced cucumber (300 grams)
- 10-12 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, thinly sliced (about 44 grams)
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced (about 84 grams)
- Wash and thinly slice the lemon, lime and cucumber.
- Add the lemon, lime and cucumber slices into a large pitcher, along with the chopped mint leaves. Use a large spoon or spatula to lightly muddle (mash) the fruit/veggies to help release their juices.
- Add 2 liters of cold water. Refrigerate for at least 2 hour before serving.
This recipe can be doubled or halved as needed to adjust the serving size.
This lemon cucumber water stays food for up to 2 days in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving Calories 18Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 16mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 1g