While I love a classic rice krispie treat, sometimes it’s fun to mix things up. That’s where these strawberry rice krispie treats come in!
I wanted this strawberry rice krispie treat recipe to be nostalgic with a slightly elevated flavor.
The end result? A marshmallow-packed, fruity, and PINK rice krispie treat!
How to Make These Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
Making rice krispie treats is just as simple as you remember!
Before you get started, prepare your pan. Things get sticky fast so doing this first is important.
I used a square 8×8-inch baking pan which will yield 16 treats. However, you can use any square pan you have on hand.
In a large pot, melt 1/2 cup of butter. Use a larger pot than you might think you’d need because you’ll be mixing all the cereal into this pot.
Once the butter is melted, turn the heat to low and stir in 10 oz. of marshmallows.
Mix with a rubber spatula until the marshmallows are smooth.
Now it’s time to bring on the strawberry flavor. I’ll admit, I was skeptical at first- but the secret ingredient in these strawberry rice krispie treats is strawberry jello!
I promise it packs these treats with sweet and tangy berry flavor. You just have to trust me on this one.
Add in the strawberry jello and stir until the mixture is combined.
Next, add in this lime juice to balance the sweetness of the gelatin and stir in some vanilla extract.
Remove the pot from the stove and get your arms ready to stir! Add in half the cereal and fold it into the strawberry marshmallow mixture with a spatula.
Once combined, fold in the rest of the cereal. The cereal should be fully coated with the marshmallow mixture.
At this point I also like to stir in a cup of mini marshmallows for some extra texture! But this is optional.
Quickly scoop the mixture into the prepared pan. Use a rubber spatula to press the mixture into an even layer.
To take these to the next level, I like to top them with a drizzle of white chocolate ganache. If you’re not a fan of white chocolate, you can skip this step.
Let the rice krispies cool for about 15 minutes, then cut them into squares and enjoy.
What Type of Cereal Should I Use?
Any type of puffed rice cereal will work in this recipe!
What Type of Marshmallows Should I Use?
I usually use large marshmallows to make these strawberry rice krispie treats because they’re the easiest to find.
But mini marshmallows would work too, and actually melt down more easily!
Sometimes I also like to mix in some mini marshmallows for added texture!
They give these strawberry rice krispie treats a really fun strawberries and cream look which I absolutely love!
Tips for Making the Best Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- Prepare your pan before you melt the butter! Things will get sticky quickly.
- Mini marshmallows melt down quicker.I recommend using them if you can find them.
- Add the rice krispies in two additions. This will make it easier to mix together.
- Although it’s optional- I recommend drizzling the top of the treats with some melted white chocolate ganache for some added richness. Use this recipe!
- Let your treats cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Making These Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats in Advance
You can make these treats in advance! These strawberry rice krispie treats can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
You can also freeze them in an airtight container for up to six weeks.
Let Me Know What You Think!
If you try this recipe for strawberry rice krispie treats, I’d love to hear what you think! Let me know your thoughts by sharing a comment and rating below.
Don’t forget to tag me @chelsweets and use #chelsweets so that I can see your delicious creations on social media!
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (113g)
- 1 10oz bag regular or mini marshmallows (285g)
- 1 3oz package strawberry gelatin (I used strawberry Jello)
- 1 tsp lime juice (4g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (4g)
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal (160g)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, optional
- Grease and line a square 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large pot, melt 1/2 cup of butter over medium heat.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in 10 oz. of marshmallows with a rubber spatula until smooth.
- Add in 3 oz. of strawberry gelatin and stir until combined.
- Next, mix in 1 tsp lime juice and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Remove the pot from the stove and stir in 6 cups of puffed rice cereal in two additions. Stir until the cereal is fully coated.
- If desired, mix in 1 cup of mini marshmallows at this stage. This will give these strawberry rice krispies an added bit of texture and an awesome look when you cut in.
- Quickly scoop the mixture into the prepared pan. Use a rubber spatula to gently press the mixture into an even layer.
- Optional: Drizzle the top of treats with white chocolate ganache.
- Let the rice krispies cool for 15 minutes, then cut into squares and enjoy.
Making Thinner Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
If you want to make thinner treats use a rectangular 13x9" cake pan. This will give you around 32 1x2" treats.
Tips for Making the Best Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats
- Prepare your pan before you melt your butter! Things will get sticky quickly.
- Mix in the cereal gradually! This will ensure it gets evenly coated with chocolate.
- Although it is optional- I recommend drizzling the top of the treats with some melted white chocolate for some added richness. Use this recipe!
- Let your treats cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Strawberry Rice Krispie Variations
There are so many ways to make these Rice Krispie Treats your own! Here are a few ideas:
- Use cocoa krispies or any other crunchy cereal!
- Mix in different candies or cookie crumbs.
- Brown your butter to add nutty-caramel notes to the treats.
Making These Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats in Advance & Storage Tips
You can make these treats in advance! Rice Krispie treats can sit at room temperature for up to 5 days if stored in an airtight container. You can also freeze them in an airtight container for up to six weeks.
Amount Per Serving Calories 149Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 15mgSodium 27mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 1g