- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
Preheat oven to 350. Begin by making the shortbread layer. In a medium bowl, combine flour and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Press mixture evenly into bottom of a foil-lined 9×13″ baking pan. Bake for 7 minutes; remove from oven, and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
While the base bakes, prepare the cream cheese layer. Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, and beat at medium speed until smooth. Beat in sugar. Add milk and vanilla, and beat until combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cooled shortbread layer. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
While the cheesecake layer bakes, prepare the pecan pie layer: In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter. Gently stir in the eggs, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir in pecans. Pour pecan mixture over cooled cheesecake layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the center is set, and the pecan pie layer is a rich brown color.